Need to organize your gun safe?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
rightisright

Need to organize your gun safe?

Post by rightisright »

I can't recommend this system highly enough: http://www.amazon.com/Gun-Storage-Solut ... rifle+rods

I can fit more guns in the safe and it's much easier to access the ones in the back.
JustinR

Re: Need to organize your gun safe?

Post by JustinR »

That's nifty. Thanks.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

This may be an irrational concern, but I've always been put off a bit by storing guns by putting rods down the barrel. Are the made of plastic or coated with something to protect the rifling?
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

The amazon pages says it's plastic
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Looks way cheaper than buying a new gunsafe, that's for sure. Especially if you can figure out a way to make it work for you!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Used 'em for a while. Too much height disparity in my safe between 30" barrel shotguns and carbines. The shorter ones weren't well enough supported by the plastic dowel and would lean off to the side making things "interesting."
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Nice thanks
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

blackeagle603 wrote:Used 'em for a while. Too much height disparity in my safe between 30" barrel shotguns and carbines. The shorter ones weren't well enough supported by the plastic dowel and would lean off to the side making things "interesting."
Carbines are on the right side now, sitting on ammo cases. :)
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Waitwaitwait.

I was always taught that proper etiquette is just like a formal dinner: the little guns go on the outsides, like salad forks and soup spoons, and you work your way to the tallest ones in the middle.
Derringers go on top, like the bread plate, and concealed carry weapons (if you have those) go across the top, like the optional crab claw tongs.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"