Flashlights on xkcd

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
randy

Flashlights on xkcd

Post by randy »

linky
flashlights.png
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Greg

Re: Flashlights on xkcd

Post by Greg »

He's only a decade or so late to the party.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I'm still using a 2-cell Maglight. It's hard to knock a sumbitch out with some of those puny, lightweight flashlights.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Greg

Post by Greg »

PawPaw wrote:I'm still using a 2-cell Maglight. It's hard to knock a sumbitch out with some of those puny, lightweight flashlights.
Maglite hosts (the body, that you can mod into something else) are very popular with the flashlight hot-rodding crowd, particularly the hotwire (incandescent enthusiast) guys.

Incandescent flashlights that will set paper on fire have been around for a while now.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

PawPaw wrote:I'm still using a 2-cell Maglight. It's hard to knock a sumbitch out with some of those puny, lightweight flashlights.
You can have your cake and eat it.

http://www.amazon.com/Mag-Lite-ST4D116- ... aglite+led

I have this one. It's very bright, batteries last a long time and can easily masquerade as a billy club.
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:
You can have your cake and eat it.

http://www.amazon.com/Mag-Lite-ST4D116- ... aglite+led

I have this one. It's very bright, batteries last a long time and can easily masquerade as a billy club.
I have 4-d Maglites, with LED conversions, in both cars.

MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I have a metric boatload of cheap little LED flashlights that use 3 AAA batteries in a little holder-thingy. I buy a couple more whenever I'm in Home Despot or Horror Freight. Right now as I sit at my desk at work I have three in reach, one in my backpack, one hanging from my clip-on fan, and one in my desk drawer. I have about another dozen at home stashed wherever I may need one.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I loves me a good flashlight thread. The XKCD is a bonus.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

The alt text is truely disturbing though. :?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I sent The Beamish Boy a 4-Dcell Maglite when he was in Kosovo. A month or so after he got it, he had the chance to call home, and the first thing he said was "I need a new flashlight." I asked why, did it get stolen?

He said, "No, I broke it."
"How the bloodyhell do you break a Maglite?"
"I hit an Albanian in the head with it. He tried to drive through a checkpoint, and when we stopped him, he pulled a knife."
"I realize Albanians tend to be hard-headed, but I can't believe you broke it."
"Well, I had to hit the silly bastard four times to make him drop the knife."

I went and got another one and sent it to him. Last I heard, he still has that one.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom