Just in time for Halloween.....

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Termite

Just in time for Halloween.....

Post by Termite »

Do you need to ignite troublesome vampires? Or permanently blind your local zombies?

If so, then the Nitecore TM16 "Tiny Monster" is just the ticket.
4000 lumens(that's 122,000 candela for you techies), uses four 18650 batteries, and only $159.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-tm16.html
tinymonster.jpg
Don't need to set vamps on fire, but still want to make zombies whimper? Then the Nitecore EA81 may be your ticket.
2150 lumens, on eight AA batteries, for only $95.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/nitecore-ea81.html
EA81.jpg
Just want a REALLY bright AA flashlight, that will fit in a jacket pocket?
Then the Olight S65 can fill the bill.
700 lumens, six AA batteries, and only $65.
http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-s65.html
S65.jpg
Happy Halloween!! :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Denis

Re: Just in time for Halloween.....

Post by Denis »

Cool.

Other Hallow'een essentials:

http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

With one of those and a good Fresnel lens you could have a poor man's death ray.

Or at least a great way to mess with intruders by setting their clothes on fire.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

As I've noted before, I'd rather have five, $20 flashlights than one $100 flashlight, I may lose one but I won't lose five. And with five I can stash them wherever I may need one, it's a safe bet if I only have one it won't be nearby when the lights go out.

In fact from where I sit in my office I have three flashlights within arms reach (one in my daily carry backpack, one hanging from a hook on my shelf, and one in the drawer). At home I have about a dozen stashed around, in places where I can find them in the dark. When I know something is coming (like the hurricane that didn't hit a couple weeks ago) those flashlights are all over the house, along with the battery powered lanterns (four of them).

But that's just me.

And if I really need to set a vampire on fire I could scrounge up up a gallon or so of gasoline.....
Termite

Post by Termite »

MarkD wrote:As I've noted before, I'd rather have five, $20 flashlights than one $100 flashlight, I may lose one but I won't lose five. And with five I can stash them wherever I may need one, it's a safe bet if I only have one it won't be nearby when the lights go out.
Fair enough, but no need to limit yourself. All of the above!! :mrgreen:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Greg

Post by Greg »

SoupOrMan wrote:With one of those and a good Fresnel lens you could have a poor man's death ray.

Or at least a great way to mess with intruders by setting their clothes on fire.
Flashlight rabbit holes are numerous and deep.

Look up 'aspheric thrower' for one example.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote:As I've noted before, I'd rather have five, $20 flashlights than one $100 flashlight, I may lose one but I won't lose five.
I just bought a cheap chinese 18650 flashlight, complete with charger and two batteries, for 12 bucks off of Amazon. Works well. Gotta 5 dollar one in my work backpack that uses AAs(done deliberately, plenty of AAs at work).

Now about this vampire situation... :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

HTRN wrote:
MarkD wrote:As I've noted before, I'd rather have five, $20 flashlights than one $100 flashlight, I may lose one but I won't lose five.
I just bought a cheap chinese 18650 flashlight, complete with charger and two batteries, for 12 bucks off of Amazon. Works well. Gotta 5 dollar one in my work backpack that uses AAs(done deliberately, plenty of AAs at work).

Now about this vampire situation... :mrgreen:
Link to the Chinese light please!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

I spent most of 6 months in 1994 looking at hospital clocks all stopped at 4:31 AM.
Some of them mounted on restroom walls.

The idea of having all the lights go out deep inside a modern (i.e. damn few windows) hospital at 4:31 AM while I'm sitting on porcelain in the windowless Thinking Room is the reason a working flashlight never leaves my keychain.
And there's another one in my work junk belt. And another two or three in the car.
The doors at home all have white chemlights taped over the top sills, and I rotate them out every coupla years.

But I could see getting a 4000 lumen light, for pupil checks on obnoxious drunkaholics and ODs. :twisted:
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

skb12172 wrote:Link to the Chinese light please!
Which, the 12 dollar 18650, or the 5 dollar AA?

Keep in mind, that at this price point, there is a nonzero chance of getting a dud.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt