Camaflauge for urban environement.

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Old Grafton

Re: Camaflauge for urban environement.

Post by Old Grafton »

Also remember to be observant of where you are. You don't want to be in the ghettos looking like the guy from Con Ed who's checking for illegal power or gas hookups. Or carrying anything that looks to be worth mugging/shooting yer ass for it. Unless you're Paul Kersey.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Don't forget the debarked chihuahua.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Outside, homeless people can go anywhere.
Indoors, service employees can go anywhere.

Applied to vehicles, that means trash trucks and service vans.
If you had unlimited budget, taking an armored car, and putting a faux trash wagon, utilities shell, or fake Winnebago wrapper on the back half would be freaking wizard.

And, at the risk of the :roll: meme, all we're talking about is the tenets of ninjutsu, without all the Hollywood melodramedy spackle, applied with a little common sense.

Back in the day, I made a project of getting across LA County diagonally on foot, unobtrusively, and unmolested by cops, criminals, or everyday joes, in < 72 hrs., with a minimal daypack - no food, a 1L water bottle, a few tools and such - and no more than $5 cash.

I was a homeless-looking guy, and it worked like a charm.
I overnighted on accessible rooftops, and carried a number of janitorial water faucet keys for resupplying washing/cooking/drinking water.
After 20 years of dealing with the professional homeless cadre, I could do it again, even better than before.
(I further observe from a professional detachment that for the homeless, as for skunks, smell is a defensive weapon, and not to be underestimated.)
And also back in the day, when Tom Clancy wanted to send his fictional spook, Mr. Clark, on a drug dealer hunting mission, he dressed him up as a homeless wino.

But don't take just my word for it: It's Tactical
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Denis

Post by Denis »

slowpoke wrote:Didn't Tom Clancy cover this in Without Remorse? Dress like a bum.
Yes.

I was irked when I bought a recent-edition copy of that book, and found that the scene on how to make a silencer had been left out!Auto-censorship...
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

Denis wrote:I was irked when I bought a recent-edition copy of that book, and found that the scene on how to make a silencer had been left out!Auto-censorship...
Weasels. It's not like the information isn't out there.