Exoskeleton

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Cobar

Exoskeleton

Post by Cobar »

An exoskeleton for your arm to stabilize your sight picture. I wonder how it would work out in practice.

LINK

You'd need a new type of competition. Something like a cross between normal shooting and benchrest stuff.
Old Grafton

Re: Exoskeleton

Post by Old Grafton »

If it's powered it will fail. If it's friction or hydraulic resistance stabilized it will slow you down when you need to be "not slow". Why not provide more ammo, time and encouragement to real-world proficiency? Let the .mil use up that vast oversupply of ammo the (nominally)nonmilitary branches of the .gov have been squirreling away.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Old Grafton wrote:If it's powered it will [strike]fail[/strike] eventually go ape shit and break your arm.
FIFY.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Netpackrat wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:If it's powered it will [strike]fail[/strike] eventually go ape shit and break your arm.
FIFY.
Yeah, lol, I already had that thought. Probably limited torque though. Supposedly it is supposed to work like image stabilization. Not doing any real aiming, just taking the jitter out. I could see it being a real advantage but when it breaks be like a modern fighter losing it's computer stabilizing it. You fall out of the sky like a brick.