Pachmayr Diamond Pro Grips

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Darrell

Pachmayr Diamond Pro Grips

Post by Darrell »

The Firearm Blog had a recent article about some new Pachmayr Diamond Pro grips, for Ruger revolvers:
Pachmayr is now selling Diamond Pro Series grips for the Ruger LCR, SP101 and GP100 revolvers. This is an extension of the line introduced for the Taurus revolvers in 2013 and then expanded for the Smith & Wesson revolvers in 2014.

This line of grips takes its name from the diamond plate texture on the surface. Made of a proprietary rubber compound, Pachmayr states that the grips have a long lasting soft feel that help shooters maintain “absolute control of your revolver, even under the heaviest recoil.”

The suggested retail price for each of the three revolver fits is $24.95.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... revolvers/

I have Pachmayrs on most all of my Rugers--Grippers on the GP100, and Presentations on the Blackhawks. I wound up ordering a set of the Diamond Pros for my GP100, put them on this morning. They're just a bit fatter than the Grippers, and have a softer, tackier feel to them, rather like the Hogue overmolded rubber. I always preferred the Pachmayr Grippers on the GP100 to the Hogue revolver grips, which seem too fat and bulky to me. These may be just right. Gonna take 'em for a test drive tonight.
Ruger-Diamond-Grips-660x407.jpg
Here's Pachmayr's page on the grips:

http://www.pachmayr.com/home/diamondpro.php
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Darrell

Re: Pachmayr Diamond Pro Grips

Post by Darrell »

Went shootin' tonight, and tried the new grips. They felt great, and the gun handled and shot very well. I like 'em! :) They fill the hand but don't feel fat. The price is right too, $24.98. Looking at their website, the Grippers now run $37.98. One difference--the Grippers have the Pachmayr medallions inset; the Diamond Pros are just molded into the rubber.
Eppur si muove--Galileo