Duck Boot Care/Cleaning

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
skb12172

Duck Boot Care/Cleaning

Post by skb12172 »

imgur.com/a/nSf55
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
PawPaw

Re: Duck Boot Care/Cleaning

Post by PawPaw »

Those aren't duck boots! They'd be worthless in knee-deep water.

These are the proper footwear for duck hunting. Care of them is easy. Wash the mud off of them, then hang them upside down in a clean, dry room.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Greg

Post by Greg »

They are, by definition 'duck boots' because that's what their actual name is.

They're also, traditionally and functionally, 'duck boots' because in fact duck hunters have worn them. Thus the name. Not everything is a bayou.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

They're leather and rubber. How do you take care of leather and rubber? :)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Last year I finally wore out a pair of those Bean boots I bought in 1985. I used mink oil on the leather uppers whenever they started looking dry and just kept the bottoms cleaned up after wearing. Sunlight rots both so they were kept in a closet when not on my feet. The bottoms were worn pretty much smooth when the stitching let go on one at the vertical seam on the back. Darn good boots.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Those Bean boots are great for mud. Snow and ice, not so much.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds