CCW training in bad weather lessons learned, gear notes.

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
BDK

Re: CCW training in bad weather lessons learned, gear notes.

Post by BDK »

Maybe... Not sure. Can check when I get home.
Jered

Post by Jered »

PawPaw wrote:
Get a good holster. Do not get a round tuit. Just get a good holster and be done with it.
Absolutely. I have wasted more money buying crappy holsters than I've ever spent on good holsters. Buy the good holster the first time. Only experience can tell you what is a good holster.
This. And get a good Belt.

Comp-Tac makes a good belt.

Have you considered a shoulder holster?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I liked the Safariland speedloaders a lot more than the HKS when I was shooting revolvers.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
evan price

Post by evan price »

SoupOrMan wrote:
evan price wrote:On the subject of reloads, why are you "pawing" at your brass? The best reload method is still muzzle up, thumb through the frame to hold the cylinder open,

Cases get stuck in J-frame cylinders. The extractor on the smaller barrels don't often push the cases completely out.
I own, carry and shoot J-frames. Even with the short ejector rod, muzzle up & mash the ejector gets gravity to continue the ejection process once you get the brass moving.
I push the cylinder release with my left thumb, put right thumb through the frame window to hold the cylinder open and let the muzzle swing up. Left hand mashes down andthe ejector, then goes for the speedloader while the right hand swings the muzzle down. Insert speedloader, twist, drop speedloader, swing cylinder shut with left hand, get right fingers gripped, get on target.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Yep. I've done that. I still get one or two stuck cases. Sometimes they'll get hung up on the grip. It's the grip that came with the gun, so I could change it if needed. Sometimes they'll be stuck in the chamber farthest away from the grip. Even when I smack the ejector rod down there's always at least one that sticks. That results in me having to pull a case or two out by hand.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote:I liked the Safariland speedloaders a lot more than the HKS when I was shooting revolvers.
This.

With my M13 and 2 speedloaders(either Federal 125gr JHP Classic, or W-W whitebox 110gr JHP-the Treasury load-), I consider myself well armed for CCW.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."