Any good online Black Friday sales this year?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rich Jordan

Any good online Black Friday sales this year?

Post by Rich Jordan »

I'm not seeing or getting many notifications from sites as in the past. Any good deals coming up? A couple of years ago I got a great price on a Katadyn filter and some Mountain House packages.

I don't partake of the brick and mortar crowds (and actively avoid the stores that screw their employees out of their Thanksgiving holiday by having sales start on Thursday) but if anyone cares to post relevant store deals here thats fine too.

Thanks. If I do get any notifications or ads I'll post a heads up here.
skb12172

Re: Any good online Black Friday sales this year?

Post by skb12172 »

Same here. Between Thanksgiving and New Year's, I do all my shopping online. I haven't seen many deals advertised, though.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Post by Greg »

The only Black Friday discount I intend to take advantage of this year is at Costco.

They're going to have eneloop value packs - 10 AA's, 4 AAA's and a charger - for $24.

This is an updated value pack from what they sold for many years. It has the latest 4th generation batteries rated for 2100 cycles, and the charger is an improved model. I already bought one, would like another.

[spoiler]If anyone is interested in dipping their toes in the eneloop waters, I'd be willing to part with some 1st gen AA and AAA batteries, plus an older style charger, for cheap. (They still work fine for me but they are 7 year old rechargeable batteries... so, cheap.)[/spoiler]
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote:The only Black Friday discount I intend to take advantage of this year is at Costco.

They're going to have eneloop value packs - 10 AA's, 4 AAA's and a charger - for $24.

This is an updated value pack from what they sold for many years. It has the latest 4th generation batteries rated for 2100 cycles, and the charger is an improved model. I already bought one, would like another.

[spoiler]If anyone is interested in dipping their toes in the eneloop waters, I'd be willing to part with some 1st gen AA and AAA batteries, plus an older style charger, for cheap. (They still work fine for me but they are 7 year old rechargeable batteries... so, cheap.)[/spoiler]

Do you know when that sale starts? They aren't listed on costco.com.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

There are some good AR-15 sales.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com is offering a free BCG and a Gunfighter charging handle for $1 w. upper receiver/barrel combos

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com has some good deals, too.

I am giving this one some serious thought... even though I have two AR projects currently in the works.
Last edited by rightisright on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:
Greg wrote:The only Black Friday discount I intend to take advantage of this year is at Costco.

Do you know when that sale starts? They aren't listed on costco.com.
Supposed to be Nov 28-30 in-store, while supplies last. Not sure if it's available online, I didn't see it in the online ad.

Check out:

http://bfads.net/Black-Friday/Costco/Ad

That whole site is worth a look, they have scans of Black Friday ads from lots of different retailers.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

rightisright wrote:There are some good AR-15 sales.

http://www.bravocompany.com is offering a free BCG and a Gunfighter charging handle for $1 w. upper receiver/barrel combos

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com has some good deals, too.

I am giving this one some serious thought... even though I have two AR projects currently in the works.
The Bravo Company that does guns in bravocompanyusa.com ;)

PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I finished my Christmas shopping yesterday. For once, I am ahead of the pack.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Greg wrote:
The Bravo Company that does guns in bravocompanyusa.com ;)

Fixed link!

Thx for the Costco ad.

FWIW, I bought that Duracell flashlight in the ad a few weeks ago on a whim. It's fairly well built and very bright. It's adjustable from a bright square spot to a very diffused flood.

Two small downsides (for me at least): The beam is adjustable by sliding the head. It's fairly easy to slide, so if you set it down head-first, it moves the beam to extreme flood. I'm trying to consolidate my flashlights to AA or D. This guy takes C's.
Last edited by rightisright on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Midway has a nice Zeiss Conquest on sale. They say $300 off or so.