Tannerite

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Precision

Re: Tannerite

Post by Precision »

What about a ring of sharpened bamboo punji sticks set at 25 degrees from ground point side in towards the tannerite and corn pile. Have the sticks in two crescents so you have shooting alleys to mow down any survivors or have secondary explosives at those locations.

Shoot tannerite, impale pigs by their own fear run or from explosive push. mow down survivors with semi auto fire.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Termite

Post by Termite »

Precision wrote:What about a ring of sharpened bamboo punji sticks set at 25 degrees from ground point side in towards the tannerite and corn pile. Have the sticks in two crescents so you have shooting alleys to mow down any survivors or have secondary explosives at those locations.

Shoot tannerite, impale pigs by their own fear run or from explosive push. mow down survivors with semi auto fire.
This is getting out of hand........dear god, what have I started?............... :shock: :o ................. :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Rod

Post by Rod »

Termite wrote:
Precision wrote:What about a ring of sharpened bamboo punji sticks set at 25 degrees from ground point side in towards the tannerite and corn pile. Have the sticks in two crescents so you have shooting alleys to mow down any survivors or have secondary explosives at those locations.

This is getting out of hand........dear god, what have I started?............... :shock: :o ................. :lol:
THIS IS......dum dum dummmmm....The Guncounter. You expected any less from this motley crew? Look back at the threads for taking on pirates, starting a Q Ship, starting our own territory. Might could get enough of us helping to put a major dent in the feral hog situation in Louisiana, then we could start an eradication business. Hmmmmmm, who is a good corporate lawyer on speed dial?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

The Guncounter

"...a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts"
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Bullspit wrote:I wish you luck on your pest control operation!

And you know there are a thousand folks in the northern states wishing they could hunt your pigs. Crazy as it sounds, there are guys who are trying (illegally) to establish wild pigs in places they haven't gotten too yet.
I met a jackass like that. Inbred Florida redneck who wanted to import whitetails and hogs to Alaska. It probably would have gotten ugly had the setting not been a training for work. Might even have gotten away with a shouting match as long as it didn't go physical, because the individual in question (and his wife, too) had previously been fired by my employer, and was at the training at our facility on behalf of a different company that had picked him up.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Now that I get vacation, I'd be more than happy to come slay piggies with y'all. I've long held that the AR-47 would make a dandy hogslayer.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Rod wrote:
Termite wrote:

THIS IS......dum dum dummmmm....The Guncounter. You expected any less from this motley crew? Look back at the threads for taking on pirates, starting a Q Ship, starting our own territory. Might could get enough of us helping to put a major dent in the feral hog situation in Louisiana, then we could start an eradication business. Hmmmmmm, who is a good corporate lawyer on speed dial?
My money would be on us getting a small fleet of pusher-prop experimental A/C, mounting appropriate Class III weaponry and thermal sights, and doing midnight strafing runs.
Nearly impossible to prove, and too much fun not to do.

Chemlight markers around the bait piles, and our own JTAC to call you in hot.

Followed by some epic bacon breakfasts.

Circular claymore ground assaults when the weather was uncooperative with air missions.

There's also the Achmed Approach.
You capture one pig alive, strap an explosive vest on him with a cellphone-based R/C, then when he mingles with the herd, you remote detonate them all.
Greetings, Infidel PIGS! I keel you! >Foom!<
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Termite

Post by Termite »

Aesop wrote:My money would be on us getting a small fleet of pusher-prop experimental A/C, mounting appropriate Class III weaponry and thermal sights, and doing midnight strafing runs.
I've got a start on that. Anybody got a couple of M249s or RPKs we can attach to the wing struts?
QC Challenger I.jpg
Uflyit down in Florida makes cargo pods that could be mounted beside the guns to hold belts of ammo.
CH_ cargo pod.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Termite wrote: This is getting out of hand:
Don't be ridiculous. Now, what you need is arduino board, some programming, a coupla servos and oh, an M45 "Meat Chopper" loaded with 4 M3 belt feds. ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Netpackrat wrote:
Bullspit wrote:I wish you luck on your pest control operation!

And you know there are a thousand folks in the northern states wishing they could hunt your pigs. Crazy as it sounds, there are guys who are trying (illegally) to establish wild pigs in places they haven't gotten too yet.
I met a jackass like that. Inbred Florida redneck who wanted to import whitetails and hogs to Alaska. It probably would have gotten ugly had the setting not been a training for work. Might even have gotten away with a shouting match as long as it didn't go physical, because the individual in question (and his wife, too) had previously been fired by my employer, and was at the training at our facility on behalf of a different company that had picked him up.
This summer there was a report that Ohio DNR was looking for the individual who released an unspecified large number of feral hogs just south of us by a couple of miles. ODNR is NOT happy. Nor am I. Coyotes around here are bad enough; I already keep guns hot for those. I'm thinking a move up to .308 for woodchucks next summer might be appropriate just to cover the bases.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.