Tannerite

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Termite

Tannerite

Post by Termite »

Who's our Tannerite expert? Or at least, who here has used it a bunch, and is very familiar with it's capabilities? While I have worked with various things that go boom such as blackpowder, C4, TNT, and ANFO, I have not used Tannerite.

I have a legal use for it, and want to know if it will work.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Kommander

Re: Tannerite

Post by Kommander »

I participated in destroying a fridge with some once. As I understand it, it is very poor for doing anything but being a target that blows up when you shoot it. What do you want to to with it?
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Yeah, what do you want to do with it? With explosives, that's the key question.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Rod

Post by Rod »

I can testify 8 pounds will take out an ice chest pretty well. Here
I've heard of it being used to clear out stumps and demolish objects such as cars, buildings and such. What do you want to blow up?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

I have used small amounts 1/2 lb at a time, gos boom , fun reactive targets we set up 5 or 6 at 500 + yards and see who can score first , loads of fun.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

I've got the best part of 20 lbs of it for the weekend.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

If you're blowing stumps, or beaver dams, ANFO works about as well as anything you can find, legally.
Unless you really want to jump through the hoops for dynamite.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Flintlock Tom

Post by Flintlock Tom »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYCHfyOty4

No pigs were harmed in the making...oh, wait.
Last edited by Flintlock Tom on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
If time, chance and random process can produce a platypus why not an ammo tree?
Termite

Post by Termite »

First Shirt wrote:If you're blowing stumps, or beaver dams, ANFO works about as well as anything you can find, legally.
Nowdays, the problem with ANFO is not ANFO, it's setting it off. I used to have a source for caps, and at times 1/4# sticks of dynamite. No more.

As for what I plan to do with the Tannerite...
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYCHfyOty4

I need to know how much is enough for a kill radius of 15-25 ft, and I DO NOT want to use any projectiles/shrapnel, blast only.

Yes, AFAIK it's legal on private land for getting rid of "outlaw quadrapeds", as feral hogs are listed in Louisiana.[/spoiler]
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

You got it in one......... ;)