Another Danner Boot outlet sale starts Thursday 01/08/2015

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rich Jordan

Another Danner Boot outlet sale starts Thursday 01/08/2015

Post by Rich Jordan »

Here: starts at 11AM Central. No idea whats for sale until it opens. Popular sizes tend to go fast. No connection other than as a satisfied customer.
Rich Jordan

Re: Another Danner Boot outlet sale starts Thursday 01/08/20

Post by Rich Jordan »

Bump for new date
Rich Jordan

Re: Another Danner Boot outlet sale starts Wednesday 01/21/2

Post by Rich Jordan »

Bump for new date. 11AM Central time here No info on sale contents until it starts but the prices are usually quite good.
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Checked out the last one and was disappointed reading the user reviews of the items that were on sale. Most of them were the imported models and once happy Danner customers didn't have much good to say.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

I had one pair of crappy chinese Danners that I returned, one pair of surprisingly nice and comfortable (Kinetix desert boot), one OK pair of chinese Danner work boots, and an excellent pair of American Danner RAT boots. At times these sales include the American made models; I've seen RAT boots, Acadias once (not in my size, darn it), and some of the tall hunting and hiking boots over the last half year or so.

Its all about what ends up for sale. I'll happily buy another Kinetix (need a hot weather version, mine is temperate) or RAT (again need hot weather version). Or Acadias, though I don't really expect to see those come up (and if they do not in my fairly common size)
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

I was told by Danner employees that the everything in the store is 25% off sales are on Black Friday and Fathers Day. YMMV. I did get some Super Rainforest Boots for quite a bit off. Very difficult boots to break in though...
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I bought some of the chinese Danners because the combination of insulation and composite toe I wanted wasn't offered in the USA boots. The oldest of the two pairs is just over 3 years old, and recently self destructed. I am not happy.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Netpackrat wrote:I bought some of the chinese Danners because the combination of insulation and composite toe I wanted wasn't offered in the USA boots. The oldest of the two pairs is just over 3 years old, and recently self destructed. I am not happy.
Which is no doubt the cause of the recent sales = they are looking to get rid of the Chinese crap at MINIMUM LOSS, and minimal fanfare, since they DO NOT want a lot of media attention to their substandard product - hoping the customers who bought the crappy boots for a good price might simply keep their mouth shut.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad