Fenix E12 initial impressions

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
workinwifdakids

Fenix E12 initial impressions

Post by workinwifdakids »

I just picked up a flashlight: the Fenix E12, a mini-light that runs off a single AA battery. From the manufacturer:
Max 130 lumen output from a single AA battery (included)
50 lumen medium (6 hr 30 min) and 8 lumen low (40 hours ) provides additional flexibility
Compact 4" aircraft grade aluminum body weighs less than 2 ounces
IPX-8 Waterproof, 2 meters for 30 minutes
It also lists as impact-resistant at 1 meter. My initial impressions upon opening the package was that it had to be made of plastic. This this is just a featherlight.

In my dark 3-car garage it will put a nice big spot against the opposite wall on the highest setting and the color is a nice white. I liked how the end cap had a nice affirmative click to it too. For $26 at Amazon, not a bad price.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
Precision

Re: Fenix E12 initial impressions

Post by Precision »

I really like mine.

Mine has a slightly less bright LED set, but is always with me and ran about 4 months before the battery started to dim things.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
evan price

Re: Fenix E12 initial impressions

Post by evan price »

A v2.0 L1T has been my edc light since they came out. Lots of light in a little package only needing one AA cell. Indestructible. Reliable. Great company, great products.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!