Need motherboard recommendation

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Yogimus

Need motherboard recommendation

Post by Yogimus »

I do NOT plan on overclocking in any way. I plan on using one or more SSD's. Wireless connectivity is not really relevant to me, but a "Wi-Di" setup has my attention. (I will need a tuner for my TV for it however)

The chip I settled on will be an I5 4690, as I can't seem to justify the price of a 4770. I want a board that will last me 4 years or so with little fuss. It doesn't have to be "future proof", as I plan on leaving my box the hell alone or upgrade en masse again.

Any and all advice is coveted.
Yogimus

Re: Need motherboard recommendation

Post by Yogimus »

Chris, I have NOT ignored your recommendations AT ALL, it is just too damned overwhelming for me to wrap my head around without more specific guidance. Please don't think I am asking for advice and blowing you off. I just spent the past 9 days going balls deep into hardware land, starting with your guidance.

Also, I have zero brand loyalty.

Final 2014 build

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=19799089