Solar + Crank Flashlights and Lanterns

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
workinwifdakids

Solar + Crank Flashlights and Lanterns

Post by workinwifdakids »

In this thread, rightisright was asking about solar charging small handheld electronic devices. I told him I use the Goal Zero Guide 10 Plus solar kit, and chain it to another Goal Zero 7 watt panel.

However, I'm also looking at another product of theirs and want some input. This Torch 250 flashlight is interesting. It's able to be charged by either solar or crank, and has settings from low flashlight all the way to 250 lumens. It also doubles as a small-device recharger.

At $80, it's at the outer edge of the price of any standard flashlight I'd consider, but in the desert region of SoCal it seems like a waste not to consider a solar option. Let me know your thoughts.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix