Eagle 5 gal safety gas can at Woot

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Netpackrat

Re: Eagle 5 gal safety gas can at Woot

Post by Netpackrat »

workinwifdakids wrote:Oh, nice! Thanks, NPR. Would you recommend for me the 10L or 20L? I'm just extending the range of the cars if I have to GTFO, or fueling up the generator.
The 20L can holds something like 5.3 gallons. Basically the standard 5 gallon can for storage and transport. The 10L can is equivalent to a 2.5 gallon jug. I have one that I use, which is more convenient than a 20L can for fueling the lawn mower and snow blower. I use a 5L can for premixed 2 stroke fuel for the chainsaw.

I even have one of the 20L water cans that I use for carrying drinking and cooking water out to the cabin. I bought it when Expedition Exchange still had them. It is the same as the fuel cans, except it is blue, and has a food grade lining and seal. I got the blue spout to go with it, so it wouldn't get mixed up with my fuel spouts.

They are all good, stout cans and I think if they are cared for, a lifetime investment in equipment.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Re: Eagle 5 gal safety gas can at Woot

Post by Termite »

Termite wrote:I went ahead and ordered the 10 L can at the link; I'll post how it works when I test it.
Field test:
The can works great, sturdy, no leaks even when held inverted and shaken vigorously; but the clamp-on nozzle leaks at the base. The leak is where the locking lever pin is spot welded to the nozzle, looks like the spot-weld blew thru into the neck.
I notified the company, and they are supposed to send a replacement.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."