Identify this Spotting Scope?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
The Wizard

Identify this Spotting Scope?

Post by The Wizard »

So I bought this amongst several items and being as that my google-fu is weak can't find anything about it so maybe someone can help me out. It is a Bausch & Lomb 20x scope in what I think is an Israeli marked box.

Pics taken and edited to fit with my iPhone so forgive the quality please.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782
Aesop

Re: Identify this Spotting Scope?

Post by Aesop »

Looks like the little brother to this one, which is a vintage 1955-ish B&L BALScope.
Here's a 1956 ad for them.

Doubtless in their early years, the Israeli military bought whatever they could get their hands on, one of which you've acquired.
Last edited by Aesop on Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Quick Google searches basically reveal B&L Balscope, 20x. Appears to be mostly mentioned with sniper. Seem to run in the $200-600 range.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/321459368492?cmd
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Nice find. Did you get a good price?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
The Wizard

Post by The Wizard »

Like I said I bought it in a lot with other stuff but yeah I would day I got a pretty fair deal on it
Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. -Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782