Cosmoline Removal From Accessories

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
skb12172

Re: Cosmoline Removal From Accessories

Post by skb12172 »

I hate to ask you guys to hold me by the hand here, but I've never done this. While it may be simple once tried, I don't want to screw it up.

So…

Boil the accessories for how long?

Follow up with degreaser and detergent, scrubbing by hand, ad nauseum?

Repeat as necessary?

Am I missing anything, here?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Greg

Re: Cosmoline Removal From Accessories

Post by Greg »

CByrneIV wrote:
Darrell wrote: I am not a fan of Simple Green. Never thought it worked all that well, and I cannot abide the smell.
It works great on oil, and oil based things... not so much on anything else; but it's comparatively cheap, and entirely non-toxic.
Never had a problem with the smell. Former roommate introduced me to the stuff when we both were interested in mountain bikes. Thought it worked OK.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr