EPA banning most wood stoves currently in production

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rich Jordan

EPA banning most wood stoves currently in production

Post by Rich Jordan »

Apparently this happened in October but its the first I heard of it. Reportedly a significant reduction in particulate emissions allowed that 80% of stoves currently in production cannot meet: Offthegridnews article. In addition used stoves may be banned from resale or trade-in unless they are scrapped or otehrwise rendered inoperable.

I did find this post from Chris when I searched for any earlier threads...
arctictom

Re: EPA banning most wood stoves currently in production

Post by arctictom »

The wood burning issue here is a major one , the State and Feds are very arrogant and insistent about establishing an arbitrary air standard ( no significant research to back up claims) folks here are pretty serious about resisting it ( read the Troupers and local LEOs don't want any thing to do with it ) . So in response I usually have a couple big bonfires each winter and invite all the enviro wienies I know , great fun , shoot off fire works and drink wine , in celebration of well being a typical Fairbanks tell the .gov to shove it guy .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Does this affect the "barrel stoves?" I just saw someone build and install one, I hope he won't have Stove Nazis kicking in his door.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Notably, there is also no regulation that prevents a company selling antique-style cast iron coffee tables, and another company selling old-style stove piping that can convert a coffee table into a functional stove.

Not that anyone interested in guns would know anything about that kind of thinking... 8-)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"