I want to buy a kel-tec sub-2000

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Aglifter

Re: I want to buy a kel-tec sub-2000

Post by Aglifter »

He seems to be a very able designer, they just need some manufacturing help - part of that is capital related, I'm sure.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Greg

Post by Greg »

Aglifter wrote:He seems to be a very able designer, they just need some manufacturing help - part of that is capital related, I'm sure.
This is my first Keltec- I was playing with it for a while today, and it's simultaneously simple bordering on crude (primitive, even) and yet brilliant. It's weird, like an IKEA gun. I'm curious to take it to the range.

I wonder if the way they've sized their operation is intentional. The Obama years are a wild aberration in terms of gun buying - gun sales normally fluctuate some, but around a much lower level. I wonder if they're sized so as to not have large amounts of excess capacity during a (normal, pre-Obama) sales downturn.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Anyone know if its possible to mod one to use CZ75 mags?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Greg

Post by Greg »

slowpoke wrote:Anyone know if its possible to mod one to use CZ75 mags?
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showpo ... stcount=11

Here's someone saying his 9mm Sub2k set up for Sig magazines works fine with CZ75 magazines. Might be for real.

Does anyone know of collected info available online concerning magazines "family trees", as in which magazines were adapted from what other magazines, are compatible with or can be converted to work as (say by cutting new mag catch notches or something) what other magazines? That would he an awesome project.

Edit: Search for 'Sub2000 Cz75' shows a number of people reporting that the Sig version of the Sub2K works with CZ75 magazines, it's not just that one guy. So you should be good to go.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Greg wrote:

Here's someone saying his 9mm Sub2k set up for Sig magazines works fine with CZ75 magazines. Might be for real.

Does anyone know of collected info available online concerning magazines "family trees", as in which magazines were adapted from what other magazines, are compatible with or can be converted to work as (say by cutting new mag catch notches or something) what other magazines? That would he an awesome project.

Edit: Search for 'Sub2000 Cz75' shows a number of people reporting that the Sig version of the Sub2K works with CZ75 magazines, it's not just that one guy. So you should be good to go.
We have a pinned topic on just that. Not sure how full of useful data for what you want is though....

http://theguncounter.com/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=10777
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Greg

Post by Greg »

CombatController wrote:
Greg wrote:

We have a pinned topic on just that. Not sure how full of useful data for what you want is though....

http://theguncounter.com/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=10777
Thanks. You miss things when you only read the board by clicking on 'view active topics'.

OK, took the time to read that thread... it's a start in the right general direction but doesn't really have what I'm hoping for. At least not yet.

Greg

Post by Greg »

After playing with mine a little more, a few very small observations:

It balances approximately at the safety. It points surprisingly well in one hand. Keltec's plastic smells funny.