Is this legal in your state?

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Precision

Is this legal in your state?

Post by Precision »

http://www.tactical-store.com/ts-1m-gh-l-snap.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT4bYQDn ... bedded#t=7

My question is will you get in deep kimche in your location if you attach this to the head rest post in your truck seat and drive around with it visible.

Review:
I bought two of these for $7 each. I used them two weeks ago while I was up hunting.
My Remington 700 synthetic stock and my BIL's 7 Mag stayed put driving around town on paved roads. Leaning the seat back one notch more than I normally drive at made it much more secure. Once we went off the paved road and began driving around the property, his 7 Mag (shorter stock) had much more difficulty staying in place. It bounced out twice, no harm as it fell into his lap; but we had to tilt the passenger front seat back an additional notch (uncomfortably low / gangsta low) to keep his gun in place.

I have already figured out my own method of doing this for less money and it will be much more secure.

rating 3 of 5 bullets.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Netpackrat

Re: Is this legal in your state?

Post by Netpackrat »

I don't see any reason why that would be illegal in Alaska. If it were, I would be in trouble because this is the setup I've been using for the last 13 or so years:

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

Like your set up , never got used to the large loop lever though .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

arctictom wrote:Like your set up , never got used to the large loop lever though .
I got tired of the stocker bashing my knuckles under recoil. With a less heavily recoiling cartridge I doubt if I would ever have bothered.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Lokidude

Post by Lokidude »

Legal as you please in Utah.
workinwifdakids wrote: We've thus far avoided the temptation to jack an entire forum.

But what the hell.
Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American Way!
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

The hook? Perfectly legal in NJ. Putting a firearm under it? They'd put me away so far my wife would have to ship me boxes of sunshine once a month.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Precision wrote:My question is will you get in deep kimche in your location if you attach this to the head rest post in your truck seat and drive around with it visible.
I'm not sure that it would be a problem around here, but I'd want to check before I used it. Now that you mention it, I don't see many rifle racks in pickups, but I'm semi-suburban.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Erik

Post by Erik »

Precision wrote:My question is will you get in deep kimche in your location if you attach this to the head rest post in your truck seat and drive around with it visible.
Probably ok in Scandinavia, as long as the gun is unloaded and you only have it there from home and to the range or hunting place.

The law says guns should be transported "out of view", but that's usually interpreted as "don't wave it around so someone calls the police". If you're stopped by the police with it, the most they'd do is probably to ask you to put a blanket over it. At least in the countryside, might be different in a bigger city where a pedestrian could see it if you stop for a red light.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."
John Wayne
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Absolutely legal in Louisiana. Whether it's a good idea, or works as advertised is another question entirely.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Precision

Post by Precision »

PawPaw wrote:Absolutely legal in Louisiana. Whether it's a good idea, or works as advertised is another question entirely.
Oh it most definitely is NOT a good idea around here if you are going to leave the truck unattended. But driving up to hunting camp, is gave us a very easy way to transport the rifle that didn't have a case. Seeing as we had 4 hunting rifles, an AR-15, my BIL's carry gun and my Bug in the truck, it was never left unattended. Two of my cases have gone missing. I think my dad (who is vacationing in Fiji) is responsible.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/