Discreet rifle bag

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Aglifter

Re: Discreet rifle bag

Post by Aglifter »

If I can dig it out, mine has a folding para stock, but I'm pretty sure it would fit in a yoga mat bag.

What is its OAL?
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our Fortunes, & our sacred Honor

A gentleman unarmed is undressed.

Collects of 1903/08 Colt Pocket Auto
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

36 inches IIRC, but this is Californicated, and a folding stock is streng verboten in a way rear spoilers and glass packs never were.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Aesop wrote:Put a paratrooper folding stock on that M-1, and it'll fit a baseball bag with ease.

And you get Band Of Brothers style points.
or Platoon points. When it first came out, my boss, who spent some substantial time in the Mekong delta, noticed an M1 with folding stock and sat through the movie a second time where he noticed the actor carrying it had jump wings or some other badge that indicated he would have been authorized to carry it.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
--Randy
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

Go to a plumbing supply store and buy the coated nylon zippered bag that says something along the lines of "GSO Pipe Cleaner" or something similar. It is about 36" by 8". Buy the cheapest closed-cell foam sleeping pad you can find, fold it in half and cut to fit. Q-ship rifle bag for ~$30.
.22's fit in nicely, I think full-on battle rifles are a bit long for it.
E.g.:
--Randy
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I have a handy converted tennis racket case. I also bought a sneaky bag and no one has ever asked about it. I saw a Gibson case on the plane today I had to double take as it looked like a carbine case on the woman's shoulder.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.