Beer holsters

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rich Jordan

Beer holsters

Post by Rich Jordan »

Why can I foresee problems with such things
Yogimus

Re: Beer holsters

Post by Yogimus »

If you need to drink a single bottle of beer long enough to require a carrying pouch, then you should just keep in in your vagina.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Yogimus wrote:If you need to drink a single bottle of beer long enough to require a carrying pouch, then you should just keep in in your vagina.
While I agree with Yogi in spirit, I'd probably not have put it quite that way. I've known a few women who could drink most men under most tables.

Now the little foam things that keep your beer cold while you hold it, those I like.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Now the little foam things that keep your beer cold while you hold it, those I like.
When I was growing up in Louisiana, every decent convenience store had a stack of paper bags under the counter that were perfectly sized to fit a 12 oz beer can. If you stopped in the afternoon on your way home from work, and bought a beer 'for the road', they'd put that beer in that paper bag.

Those bags worked just as well as the little beer cozys.

Don't get me started on 'one for the road'. Back in those days it wasn't illegal to drink and drive. It was illegal to drive drunk, and you were supposed to know the difference.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

PawPaw wrote:
When I was growing up in Louisiana, every decent convenience store had a stack of paper bags under the counter that were perfectly sized to fit a 12 oz beer can. If you stopped in the afternoon on your way home from work, and bought a beer 'for the road', they'd put that beer in that paper bag.

Those bags worked just as well as the little beer cozys.

Don't get me started on 'one for the road'. Back in those days it wasn't illegal to drink and drive. It was illegal to drive drunk, and you were supposed to know the difference.
I've brown-bagged many times on the train on the way home.

One evening I bought my beer for the train ride and got on the NJ transit train from Hoboken, NJ (it's legal to drink beer on the train). For some reason I didn't get a bag though. The train crew announced that due to mechanical failure the train was out of service and we'd have to take the next train. So me and a few hundred of my fellow passengers detrain, I head to the waiting room to sit down and wait for the next train in about 45 minutes. I'm sitting there in the waiting room, drinking my beer and reading my book, and I hear "Sir! Sir!". I finally look up and see a cop, who tells me "You can't drink that in here, take it into the bar." I reply that I didn't BUY it in the bar, so it didn't seem right for me to drink it there, to which she replied "I can give you a $500 ticket for having an open container, but I'm being nice and giving you a chance." At which I brought my beer to the bar. I'd stop in that bar sometimes, so the bartender didn't give me a hard time.
Termite

Post by Termite »

PawPaw wrote:Don't get me started on 'one for the road'. Back in those days it wasn't illegal to drink and drive. It was illegal to drive drunk, and you were supposed to know the difference.
Yes, well, back then:

A. The laws about alcohol consumption assumed you were an adult, and if you were too stupid to not drive drunk, other folks weren't going to be punished because you didn't know the difference between drinking one beer on your way home from work, and stopping at the local bar to have a dozen.
B. Some of the gals in M.A.D.D. really are........and I don't mean angry.

BTW,
IIRC it is not illegal in Louisiana to have an open container of beer/wine/etc if you are riding in the back of an RV.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

PawPaw wrote:
Round these parts we call those "road sodas".
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

Best part about the paper bags was wetting it down after you had yer beer in it. Would keep it cooler than the plastic cozy