Eagle Safety Gas Cans

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Rich Jordan

Eagle Safety Gas Cans

Post by Rich Jordan »

Woot Plus sale at what I think are fairly good prices.
Netpackrat

Re: Eagle Safety Gas Cans

Post by Netpackrat »

I hate those things. The only reason to use them is in a business environment where you have to meet some OSHA requirement. Otherwise, get NATO style jerry cans.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Netpackrat wrote:I hate those things. The only reason to use them is in a business environment where you have to meet some OSHA requirement. Otherwise, get [strike]NATO style jerry cans[/strike] the new cans from Lowe's, and buy the new "old style" spouts complete with vents you install, which turn them into "old style" cans.
FIFY.

There are new "water can spouts" all over Ebay, and the older style vents complete with installation instructions.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Eff cans from Lowe's. I have exactly one plastic fuel can remaining, containing a small amount of chainsaw gas from 2010. Once I have used it up burning brush, I will throw away the can, and at that point I will have purged all plastic fuel containers from my life. The Germans perfected the fuel can in the interwar years, and everything else since then is worse.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I buy my gas cans from flea markets, or the local auction-house. I prefer metal cans, but I have a couple of plastic ones. The plastic cans with the OSHA filler necks are best used after the simple modification of drilling a 1/8th hole in the hollow handle to let air into the can.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Termite wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:I hate those things. The only reason to use them is in a business environment where you have to meet some OSHA requirement. Otherwise, get [strike]NATO style jerry cans[/strike] the new cans from Lowe's, and buy the new "old style" spouts complete with vents you install, which turn them into "old style" cans.
FIFY.

There are new "water can spouts" all over Ebay, and the older style vents complete with installation instructions.

I've heard it is very easy to take the guts out of the ridiculous CARB spouts, put a rubber cap over the end and install a vent plug into rear of the can....