Radioactive fallout? There's an app for that...

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
Cybrludite

Radioactive fallout? There's an app for that...

Post by Cybrludite »

No, really.
Gizmag wrote:As a result of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami, radiation detectors have been a popular item for Japanese consumers. Recognizing the market for such devices, last month Scosche - a company known for its car audio and iPod/iPhone accessories - released its RDTX-Pro radiation detector and app for iPhone and iPod touch in Japan.
I'm almost tempted to get an iPhone for this. Almost.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Dub_James

Re: Radioactive fallout? There's an app for that...

Post by Dub_James »

Depends on how sensitive/accurate these things are. Of course, they're probably not EMP shielded/hardened... :roll:
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

If you're close enough for an EMP, you're probably cooked anyway.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Dub_James wrote:Of course, they're probably not EMP shielded/hardened... :roll:
Not sure why they would be. It's on sale in Japan... they kind of have a reason to be concerned about radiation. EMP, not so much.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
workinwifdakids

Post by workinwifdakids »

In the game of "How irradiated am I?" I think your watching your radiation detector go black would be an indication.
And may I say, from a moral point of view, I think there can be no justification for shoving snack cakes up your action.
--Weetabix
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

workinwifdakids wrote:In the game of "How irradiated am I?" I think your watching your radiation detector go black would be an indication.
Not if you're like "Lorenzo" and "Reaper" and use a NNEMPD or NEMPD (most common abbreviation for the same thing).
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

308Mike wrote:
workinwifdakids wrote:In the game of "How irradiated am I?" I think your watching your radiation detector go black would be an indication.
Not if you're like "Lorenzo" and "Reaper" and use a NNEMPD or NEMPD (most common abbreviation for the same thing).
What?
Dub_James

Post by Dub_James »

Jericho941 wrote:
308Mike wrote:
What?
You haven't bought it yet, have you? Bad boy... :lol:
Oh, the heads that turn
Make my back burn
And those heads that turn
Make my back, make my back burn

-She Sells Sanctuary
The Cult
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Dub_James wrote:You haven't bought it yet, have you? Bad boy... :lol:
No, I've finished it. I just cannot recall having seen anything regarding that abbreviation in the book, or anything that would make it make sense in this context, at all.