Bear gun

The place for general talk about gun, shooting, loading, camping, survival, and preparedness related tools and gear, as well as gear technology discussion, gear reviews, and gear specific "range reports" (all other types of gear should be on the back porch).
blackeagle603

Re: Bear gun

Post by blackeagle603 »

Tom,
Yer killing me. Live it large for both us up there, will ya?

<born at St Pete's in Fairbanks, most likely to die in CA with golden handcuffs on>

8 stars of gold on a field of blue...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Apparently, I have as much of a chance of bear trouble on my way to work, as I do out at the cabin in BFE. A couple months ago I damn near hit a moose at around 0240 on my way to work, but this is the first I've heard of anybody colliding with a bear in town. And that was NOT on the outskirts, that was right on main drag. I don't expect to be trading my Weatherby Magnum in on a Dodge Magnum anytime soon, however.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

blackeagle603 ,

I sort of kinda keep track of what I 'm up to at myspace , in my profile . pics of South East etc.

I do like the big growlers though, saw a honest 10 ' (nose to tail) sow last fall with a yearling, biggest bear I have seen. Lots of 5' to 7' bear here.
Sorry to hear your in the Republic of Kalifornia.
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

I keep my copy of Robert Service right close to hand in the "reading room"
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

There are strange things done in the midnight sun
By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night not far from the dealer of cars
Where a Land Rover hit a grizzly.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop