'Guns in the hands of good people' - A testament to RKBA

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
308Mike

'Guns in the hands of good people' - A testament to RKBA

Post by 308Mike »

Linkarooni
'Guns in the hands of good people'
A testament to Second Amendment rights

BRIAN FENTIMAN
Article Last Updated: 08/17/2008 03:40:52 AM EDT

(Daily Record/Sunday News - Samantha Dellinger)

June 28, 2008, was a defining moment in my life. It was the day I shot and killed a man in the defense of my life and the lives of others. We all have defining moments. They might not be as tragic as taking another man's life, but they are events that change the way we look at things -- or even, perhaps, how we live our lives.

Before that muggy Saturday evening in June, I would have said my defining moments were many: graduating from high school; enlisting in the Army; getting married; having children; getting run over by a tow truck; and especially, meeting my fiancée, Maria. All of these events, and more, have happened in my life and changed me.

More.............
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
rightisright

Re: 'Guns in the hands of good people' - A testament to RKBA

Post by rightisright »

Great story, Mike. I hope the hero finds peace.

I am posting a link to it in another forum filled with GFWs who claim no good can come from concealed carry.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Compelling and well thought out essay. That should be required reading for all who obtain a ccl.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

Good stuff, Mike.

"Where does he find all these wonderful toys?"
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Dan

Post by Dan »

How many times have the courts ruled that the police, unable to prevent violence, are not legally responsible for the consequences? How many more rulings are necessary before we, the people, realize we are responsible for our own civilization? Preaching to the choir, I know...