Colorado Full Auto Shoot 9/20, 9/21

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Darrell

Colorado Full Auto Shoot 9/20, 9/21

Post by Darrell »

Dragonman is holding his annual full auto shoot this weekend, Saturday 9/20 and Sunday, 9/21. If you're in state and want to have the most fun possible with your clothes on, come on out. Bring cash, lots of cash, it's the fastest way to turn money into smoke and noise. :D It looks to be a beautiful weekend, perfect weather for the shoot!

http://www.dragonmans.com/dragonman/dra ... darms.html

I'll try to post some pics later today.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Darrell

Re: Colorado Full Auto Shoot 9/20, 9/21

Post by Darrell »

Well, I'm back, and I managed not to spend all the money in my wallet this time. I took a lap of the various gun rentals, checking out prices; as I feared, the rising cost of ammo has affected the cost of shooting. You basically buy a magazine's worth of ammo to shoot in whatever gun you want, and prices vary by caliber and magazine capacity. One group was letting ya shoot three guns off the table for $45, or $15 per magazine. I shot an M3 grease gun, that was a first for me. I also shot a Thompson with gangster grips, which I've done several times before; hey, I loves me some Tommy guns. I also shot a BAR, in .30-06. I shot a BAR once before, though that one was a .308 (were any BARs ever made to shoot that caliber, or was it a conversion?). The grease gun was interesting, it's a chug chug gun, and not as smooth as the Thompson, which I find fun and controllable. LOL The BAR, on the other hand, was uncontrollable unless I let off just a couple of rounds at a time. The guys also had an A 180, but hell, they wanted $30 to shoot 177 rds of .22lr! Last time I shot one, it was $10 per mag. I questioned the guy about that, he said it's a pain loading magazines for the gun, hence the cost. Oh well!

The several groups renting guns had quite a variety, just about anything you'd care to shoot--MP5s, FALs, ARs and AKs, G36s... the larger machine guns were represented by M2s, M60s and more. There were also a 20mm Lahti and 37mm Bofors present as in years past. The .30 cal minigun didn't make it this year.

First five pics: Eye candy, prices, one of Dragonman's toys (he has a great military museum onsite), and Mel Bernstein, the Dragonman.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Darrell on Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The next few pics are of me shooting, some guns, and the Lahti and Bofors. They'll be putting on demos and blowing stuff up later today. There was a film crew there, a bunch of scruffy looking Gen Y types, who claimed to be from the Discovery channel. Who knows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Whirlibird

Post by Whirlibird »

That's been a while.
Forgot he was down there.
Last time I was around his shop he was tooking up more for Harley work than gun work.

Most of the BAR's were .30-06, however the 1925 model was made in around a dozen other chamberings. The post-war FN model D was a .308 chambered version with a pistol grip and Cutts style comp on the barrel.
Most likely he either made a barrel for an original BAR or reworked a Model D barrel for the 1918 BAR.

Tommy goodness. Nothing quite like them is there?
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

How much was it to rent the woman with the well rounded posterior?
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Whirlibird wrote:That's been a while.
Forgot he was down there.
Last time I was around his shop he was tooking up more for Harley work than gun work.

Most of the BAR's were .30-06, however the 1925 model was made in around a dozen other chamberings. The post-war FN model D was a .308 chambered version with a pistol grip and Cutts style comp on the barrel.
Most likely he either made a barrel for an original BAR or reworked a Model D barrel for the 1918 BAR.

Tommy goodness. Nothing quite like them is there?
Thanks, Whirlibird, it was the FN BAR I shot before. And yes, Mel says he makes more money building motorcycle engines than anything else he does. He has quite the little operation, what with the engine shop, shooting ranges, paintball range, motorcycle park, etc. etc. His military museum is something to see. Here's the front page of his site, you can access the various pages from there:

http://www.dragonmans.com/

The two videos on the front page show Lauren (I think her name is), the eye candy from the shoot a couple of years ago, and subject of the jiggle vid we talked about over at the GT forum; the other video shows Mel's Dragon chopper, which shoots flames out its mouth. He sometimes rides it in local parades and such.

ETA: Ah, here's the Lauren vid over at Youtube, set to View To A Kill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voeMqqio ... re=related

And here's one I hadn't seen before, another girl set to Drowning Pool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0ljUJRi ... re=related

Some people will doubtless disapprove of the poor technique and muzzle control, but they're nice to look at. :lol: She's not wearing eye protection, and I bet she'd really jiggle if a hot spent casing went down that tank top!
Eppur si muove--Galileo