S&W M29 Bounty Hunter 3"

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
blackeagle603

Re: S&W M29 Bounty Hunter 3"

Post by blackeagle603 »

:twisted:

reports are that 230 gr is no fun. 165 and 185 are tolerable. I reckon it's be similar to a 44 Sp in a Bulldog.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I used to have one, the recoil was a little sharp with 230 ball and defensive loads. Otherwise it was ok. I traded it for a 646.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

You ever carry it concealed? If so, be interested to hear your experience.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

It was hard, being an N frame and all. But lightweight like my 340... I liked it, but N frames are hard, and if I carry a gun that large I want a .44 mag....
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

44 Mag -- ouch. :)

I'm falling in love with wheelguns again. My 1911's and BHP are awesome but when the chips are down I still choose a revolver (or at least make sure a revolver is there as a BUG).

For the app I have in mind a major part of the appeal is the moonclips load/unload. I figure a 45 or 44 Special is about all I'd be happy shooting in that light a package.

357 isn't practical or pleasurable for me in a light snub. I'd like more firepower (6 rds of 45 sounds good) than just my 38+P 85UL. I could belt carry something like this and keep carrying my 85UL in pocket holster, but as a BUG. Or this 45 would be a BUG when I carry my 1911 or BHP.

Wondering if it'd be concealable enough for shortterm "intelligent disregard" of CA non-CCW laws. I'm 6', 240#. Scenarios in mind are times when I'm in a vehicle in Indian Country. That means taking in & out of my vehicle lockbox: e.g. road trip truck stops, rest areas, motels or breakdowns. Ease and speed of loading/unloading w/ moonclips is appealing in that vehicle scenario. Also moonclips in an open carry situation would be a pretty sanitary solution.