New Toy

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: New Toy

Post by Combat Controller »

Odahi wrote:Wow, nice group! I hope I can get enough money together someday to bring one of those home. But what with just starting the new job, things are a bit tight right now, and besides, Mrs. Odahi says I have enough guns already. They're investments, I tell her. She isn't buying it... not yet anyway. Congratulations, it looks like you got a really nice and accurate one there.
Compare it to shoes, and then do a dollar to dollar buy in. Match every shoe purchase exactly and then buy what you want. See which purchase retains value longer. This way you will be encouraging her to buy shoes!

I love the buckmark, I think I have three left. they make great gifts to new shooters.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

Unfortunately she doesn't buy shoes. But she IS convinced that we need guns, she just thinks we have enough already. I'm working on her. A little at a time.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

Doh!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Odahi wrote:Unfortunately she doesn't buy shoes. But she IS convinced that we need guns, she just thinks we have enough already. I'm working on her. A little at a time.

Does she scrapbook?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Odahi wrote:Unfortunately she doesn't buy shoes. But she IS convinced that we need guns, she just thinks we have enough already. I'm working on her. A little at a time.
Variation in calibers works best for different applications - and you should have several .22's.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad