Dealers of death are such tossers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
FelixEstrella

Dealers of death are such tossers

Post by FelixEstrella »

The dealer in my neighborhood is such a tosser. Walked in this morning and he hands me two boxes. One contains a 4" nickel, S&W 581 in almost unfired condition. The other contains a slightly used Colt Double Eagle.

Being one of weak will, I bought them. Pictures in ten days.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
308Mike

Re: Dealers of death are such tossers

Post by 308Mike »

FelixEstrella wrote:Being one of weak will, I bought them. Pictures in ten days.
Such bullshit. Like ten days is going to make a difference if you REALLY wanted to get a gun and use it. Such an inconvenience for us gun owners, particularly if you're buying a long arm in CA. :roll: :roll:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Felix, you're a gun slut. Try not being so easy next time. 8^)
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
ZeroGravitas

Post by ZeroGravitas »

Total hoor.

(I bet you'll like the DE, I've shot 2 and both had surprisingly good SA triggers. Good paper punching .45s.)
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

ZeroGravitas wrote:Total hoor.

(I bet you'll like the DE, I've shot 2 and both had surprisingly good SA triggers. Good paper punching .45s.)
Yeah. Tried the trigger in the store and liked it. The decocker is a little scary, but seems to work. Will have to convince myself.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

So, the Double Eagle... did you get the .45 or the 10mm version?
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

SoupOrMan wrote:So, the Double Eagle... did you get the .45 or the 10mm version?
Blogspot
picsig
sam

Post by sam »

FelixEstrella wrote: Being one of weak will, I bought them. Pictures in ten days.
Which one? You can only DROS one every thirty days.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

sam wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote: Being one of weak will, I bought them. Pictures in ten days.
Which one? You can only DROS one every thirty days.
Both, of course!

Only dealer transfers are subject to the 30 day thing. Private party/consignment sales are not.
Blogspot
picsig
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

A fixed sight L AND a Double Eagle?

The only flaw in the Double Eagle was the cartoony trigger guard.