Dealers of death are such tossers

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
FelixEstrella

Re: Dealers of death are such tossers

Post by FelixEstrella »

DougWojtowicz wrote:A fixed sight L AND a Double Eagle?

The only flaw in the Double Eagle was the cartoony trigger guard.
I would have preferred a frame-mounted thumb-safety, a la CZ75B, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
DougWojtowicz

Post by DougWojtowicz »

I'm a SIG family fan... so the Double Eagle was a 1911 with an ALMOST P220 control set, except that the slide stop was in the right place.

But, Colt could do a great thing by releasing a DA 1911 with a USP/Taurus PT92 style control lever enabling locked and cocked, hammer down DA and decocked and locked options.
sam

Post by sam »

FelixEstrella wrote: Only dealer transfers are subject to the 30 day thing. Private party/consignment sales are not.
Did not know that. Another example of how stupid PRK gun laws are.

Congrats on your purchases!
cu74

Post by cu74 »

FelixEstrella wrote:The dealer in my neighborhood is such a tosser. Walked in this morning and he hands me two boxes. One contains a 4" nickel, S&W 581 in almost unfired condition. The other contains a slightly used Colt Double Eagle.

Being one of weak will, I bought them. Pictures in ten days.
Just shrug off the catty comments. You are getting guns - they only have envy. In 10 days you will HAVE guns - they will have only envy.

You Done Good........
Jim Dozier - Straight, but not narrow...
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition.” - Rudyard Kipling.
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

cu74 wrote: Just shrug off the catty comments. You are getting guns - they only have envy. In 10 days you will HAVE guns - they will have only envy.

You Done Good........
Catty comments .... all part of the fun of hanging out on the back porch.
Last edited by FelixEstrella on Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

All he had to do was show you a little shiny and you spread your wallet for him. 8^)
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Oh, Shiny.... :D
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Ohhhh ..... aaaahhh .... .you're so [strike]big[/strike]shiny.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

My precious .......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

And one more .... to tease CC. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Blogspot
picsig