Gun Show!!!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rumpshot

Gun Show!!!

Post by Rumpshot »

For the Phoenix area folks.

Crossroads of the West Gunshow today and tomorrow at the fairgrounds.

Planning to stop by on my way home from work this afternoon.

Need to pick up some AR magazines. Any recommendations.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Rumpshot

Re: Gun Show!!!

Post by Rumpshot »

A short after action report.

$7.00 for parking
$11.00 for admission (after the dollar off coupon)
$33.00 for 3 AR magazines

Phoenix fairgrounds Ice House gun shows are a lot less than spectacular. This one was better than the one I went to about 8 years ago and decided then to wait for the better shows in the fall. That was a good decision that I need to remember.

I did notice Rock River Arms and several other AR names in attendance that I don't recall seeing in past shows.

After a 4:30 AM wakeup call, an 8 hour overtime shift at work, and facing a 2 hour drive home. I was disappointed that folks were closing up shop at 3:30 in the afternoon. I only spent a short hour at the show and then headed home.

Summary: Parking fees and entrance fees keep going up. Ice House shows are a waste of time. AR magazines can be had for $11 and up.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Yea unless I NEED something I only go to the late fall/winter/spring shows. The show last December, the big 3 day one, was quite good. I managed to sell my AK and find a nice revolver. For some reason Crossroads of the West added a bunch of shows this year, possibly betting on people election worries. However I fear that the both the buyers and sellers are becoming burnt out.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Kommander wrote:Yea unless I NEED something I only go to the late fall/winter/spring shows. The show last December, the big 3 day one, was quite good. I managed to sell my AK and find a nice revolver. For some reason Crossroads of the West added a bunch of shows this year, possibly betting on people election worries. However I fear that the both the buyers and sellers are becoming burnt out.
Found that to be the case with almost all shows...there are 4 in El Paso every year and fewer sellers are showing up, the same sellers have the same crap, and fewer buyers are going. Used to be you couldn't find parking, now there almost always space. Too much of ANYTHING is not good.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
FastRope71

Post by FastRope71 »

Except for ammo. (unless you are drowning, or on fire, or going on a long walk.)
If you are unwilling to give another man freedom in his life, do not expect to have it in your own.
It surely beats trying to figure out what the metrosexuals want ( a good hard kick in the nuts in my opinion, but that won't sell ice cream :D )- Highspeed
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

The Indy 1500 is nice, but kinda the same. A lot of the same vendors from show to show, and a few different ones.

I do love seeing a government building full of guns, knives and other politically incorrect stuff, brings a tear to the eye... :D
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
NVGdude

Post by NVGdude »

Kommander wrote:. For some reason Crossroads of the West added a bunch of shows this year, possibly betting on people election worries.
No. Termark went belly up, and Crossroads agreed to pick up the scheduled Termark shows. Thus a good half of the shows are Termark in X-roads clothing. I mean seriously I went to a "Crossroads" show at Mesa Centennial hall.

Given how expensive the fairgrounds shows are I only go to the December show anymore.
Hartley

Post by Hartley »

Considering that this show (under Termark) was in the tin barn outside (and throughly nasty hot & sticky) last year, I'm not surprised that a lot of sellers didn't come - maybe if they stay in the A/C it'll be better next year. A friend of mine told me there was a show in Costa Mesa last weekend,and lots of vendors went there instead.

RRA has been at the last couple X-Roads shows I've been to.