J-frame sights

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
AndytheAxe

J-frame sights

Post by AndytheAxe »

I recently got a used 2003 S&W model 60 for CCW and took it to the range. I found when I put the front sight height matching the height of the rear sights like my other S&Ws, it shoots low. Clearly I need to have the right sight above the rear a little but it's not clear how much. Does anyone know what the right sight picture would be?
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: J-frame sights

Post by Combat Controller »

Its more of a combat sight, just cover the target. On several of mine I even replaced it with a Big Dot. I figure a .357 center mass is the best one can do, esp double action.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
blackeagle603

Re: J-frame sights

Post by blackeagle603 »

Use some blue dot loads. if you're close enough you'll light them on fire even if you miss.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story