Red dot mount for 3/8” barrel dovetail?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Captain Wheelgun

Red dot mount for 3/8” barrel dovetail?

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

My younger brother is thinking about mounting a scope or red dot on an old Remington 514 single-shot .22. Do any of you know if someone makes a mount that will fit in a 3/8” barrel dovetail in place of the rear sight?

I’ve tried looking online but my search-fu is failing.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Captain Wheelgun

Re: Red dot mount for 3/8” barrel dovetail?

Captain Wheelgun wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:31 pm My younger brother is thinking about mounting a scope or red dot on an old Remington 514 single-shot .22. Do any of you know if someone makes a mount that will fit in a 3/8” barrel dovetail in place of the rear sight?

I’ve tried looking online but my search-fu is failing.
Never mind, I found one a few minutes after posting this.

https://www.amazon.com/Pearsons-TacRail ... s_li_ss_tl
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

You do know there's at least one red dot out there with a built in 3/8"/11mm mount, right? Tacfun is the manufacturer, and is around 50 bucks if I recall.
Last edited by HTRN on Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Captain Wheelgun

HTRN wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:14 pm You do know there's at least one reddit out there with a built in 3/8"/11mm mount, right? Tacfun is the manufacturer, and is around 50 bucks if I recall.
Thanks, but the rifle in question doesn’t have the 3/8” grooves on the receiver. I was looking for something to go in the rear sight dovetail on the barrel.
winbok

Post by winbok »

Splash one spammer.