Remington bankrupt / re-org

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Vonz90

Remington bankrupt / re-org

Post by Vonz90 »

HTRN

Re: Remington bankrupt / re-org

Post by HTRN »

The minute they were bought out, it was inevitable.

Freedom group drained them of all capitsl, turned out garbage for max profit, saddled the compant with a billion dollars of debt, then dumps them.

AND THIS IS WHY I HATE WALL STREET. :evil:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

It comes at the worst possible time. We've all seen the writing on the wall for years. The media is pushing this as an inevitable result of the Parkland Fascists and their agenda.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Steamforger wrote:It comes at the worst possible time. We've all seen the writing on the wall for years. The media is pushing this as an inevitable result of the Parkland Fascists and their agenda.
Let 'em peddle their codswallop -- so much the worse for them when they realize that it ain't so, and that they've won nothing.

February 2018 NICS checks were over 2.3 million -- not every check results in a sale, but I'm sure plenty did, and I'm equally sure plenty of the folks who did buy aren't buying 'em to turn 'em in when Twerpenfuhrer Hogg and Gauleiter Gonzales come a-knocking.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

And they still managed to eff up the ACR...
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

SoupOrMan wrote:And they still managed to eff up the ACR...
They still make that?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I wonder how much the R51 debacle had to do with it?
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

MiddleAgedKen wrote: Twerpenfuhrer Hogg and Gauleiter Gonzales
That made me smile. I needed a smile today.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

scipioafricanus wrote:
SoupOrMan wrote:And they still managed to eff up the ACR...
They still make that?
Freedom Group owns Bushmaster, who gave the ACR to Remington who made the select-fire version of it. And then they found they couldn't sell it because of a glut of M4s. Never mind they could have marketed the snot out of it as a more reliable alternative to the LE crowd, nitrided barrel having slightly less barrel to chromed barrels, yada yada yada... but nope. Now Bushmaster is stuck with a superexpensive gun.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds