What to get next?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rich Jordan

Re: What to get next?

Post by Rich Jordan »

For a plinker, presume not shooting much past 200-300 yards? The low-middle end AR specific optics may meet your needs and still leave some money for another purchase. Of course more money, clearer optics, maybe longer usability for aging eyes...

And then someone had to go mention a .50...
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Vonz90 wrote:A revolver in 41 mag or maybe 357 - because I don't have a revolver
I absolutely love my S&W 686, 4" barrel. It's very enjoyable. I'm considering a GP100 for "comparison purposes" but really for the grins.

I'd think a 357 would be easier to find ammo for, so you'd use it more. Although YMMV if you reload.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Thank you for the input. What I actually decided to get is one of these:

https://www.burrisoptics.com/scopes/sco ... e-2-7x32mm

and a cantilevered weaver riser.

The plan is to drop the Burris on my Mauser in place of the Leopold 2.5x28 scout scope and then put the Leopold on my AR using the riser to get the correct eye relief.

The riser has not arrived yet, but the Burris did so I mounted it up on my K98 over the weekend. Hope to get to the range with it next weekend, maybe with the AR too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Nice! 2 upgrades for the price of one.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

The rise showed up, so Bruno and I were able to get the Leopold mounted on the AR yesterday with some rings I had sitting around.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.