Picked up a Victory Model

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
skb12172

Re: Picked up a Victory Model

Post by skb12172 »

Nice! Mine is the other kind, chambered for the ,38-20 favored by the Limeys. I shoot .38 S&W out of it. Mine wasn't a Lend-Lease, though. Like all the extras that were never sent overseas, it was a Reserve issue. Made in 1942. Still valued at around $850, last I checked.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

skb12172 wrote:Nice! Mine is the other kind, chambered for the ,38-20 favored by the Limeys. I shoot .38 S&W out of it. Mine wasn't a Lend-Lease, though. Like all the extras that were never sent overseas, it was a Reserve issue. Made in 1942. Still valued at around $850, last I checked.
That would be 38-200, no 38-20. They called it 38-200 because they used 38 S&W loaded with a 200 gr bullet.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

You are correct. Typo.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

That is nice. If I suddenly got a yen to collect old .38 revolvers, I'd get one of those, a Colt Police Positive, and a top-break Smith (the latter in case I have to steal the Ark of the Covenant back from some Nazis).
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!