Got something odd

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Greg

Re: Got something odd

Post by Greg »

Cybrludite wrote:Well, there's the whole "price dropped to where it was worth taking the chance" thing. :lol:
That.... Could actually convince me. ;) :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Greg wrote:
Cybrludite wrote:Well, there's the whole "price dropped to where it was worth taking the chance" thing. :lol:
That.... Could actually convince me. ;) :lol:
I expect the hipoint to be more durable. I also think they’ll be around longer to support it.
I really wanted that delayed blowback to work out, but realized they made to many bad design decisions.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Zamak durable?

This is my laughing face :lol:
Greg

Post by Greg »

Steamforger wrote:Zamak durable?

This is my laughing face :lol:
MORE durable. He's comparing to an R51, remember. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A classic new Lemington.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Feed it hot ammo, probably 124-grain +P or so. Preferably ammo which was loaded under a new moon by ritually-blinded virgins as they chant eldritch odes to keep John Pedersen from rising and devouring Ilion, New York in his rage.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

slowpoke wrote:Why they cheaped out and didnt press a steel locking shoulder into the frame..... :roll:
Because Cerebus Capital is pulling a Chrysler on Remington Marlin and all the other gun companies they bought?
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

They blame it on Trump and what a poor gun and ammo salesman he is compared to Obama, but if it were just this year I think they could have weathered it. I blame the R51 and all the tooling for the new model, plus the recall and the reissue. And all that Thunderturd ammo doesn't help!
I won't forget that. 2000+ rounds of crap .22lr ammo. I can't be the only one that finds it subpar.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Windy Wilson wrote:They blame it on Trump and what a poor gun and ammo salesman he is compared to Obama, but if it were just this year I think they could have weathered it. I blame the R51 and all the tooling for the new model, plus the recall and the reissue. And all that Thunderturd ammo doesn't help!
I won't forget that. 2000+ rounds of crap .22lr ammo. I can't be the only one that finds it subpar.
Ayup: http://theguncounter.com/forum/viewtopi ... =5&t=28194

Remington had so many chances to make good things people would buy: A piston-driven semi-auto rifle with properly chromed barrels that may not replace the M4 but might replace the civilian AR for home defense (the ACR) in quick-changing calibers, a sleek new working 9mm that hearkened back to their old model 51(the R51), a couple of different cartridges that fit STANAG magazines with proper support for a new generation of hunters who used ARs (6.8 SPC & .30 RAR), working .22LR (okay, this one's a stretch)...

Instead we got a lackluster ACR with no multi-caliber support, a pistol that doesn't work straight out of the box unless you feed it magical super ammo even when practicing, two cartridges on the "Where Are They Now?" circuit, and ammo that makes old dudes at Walmart start their complaint to an uncaring retail clerk with a sigh and a "Let me tell you something about this you're trying to sell me..." (because it's the only .22LR they got on the truck that week and that's all that was in the case when Persnickety McCodgerbeard decided to wander away from his wife for a minute)

Not even their fancy new detachable box magazine-fed shotguns and not-quite-a-shotguns will save them now.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

It's too historic of a name, maybe they'll come back like the Indian Motorcycle Company or Springfield Armory
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy