300 win suppressor suggestions

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
BDK

300 win suppressor suggestions

Post by BDK »

As I guess the spineless Congress weasels won’t be overturning the restrictions any time soon.

Anyone suggest one fairly cheap? No real need to worry about weight but durability is a concern
Netpackrat

Re: 300 win suppressor suggestions

Post by Netpackrat »

You know that saying how you can pick any 2 out of Fast, Cheap, and Good? This is kind of like that except you can only pick one, and Fast isn't on the menu.

I haven't kept up with the current hotness, but you won't go far wrong with a Silencerco Omega 300 or the original Saker 7.62. If you go with the latter, try to find the original model, not the current "Saker ASR" that replaced it. They made it longer and heavier than the original to try to replace the older Specwar which has been discontinued.

Actually, looking at their site it seems they have a new rifle can out, the "Chimera" that appears to fill the niche of the older Saker model like I have. All 3 of the cans I have named are rated for up to 300 Winmag and can be configured to accept multiple mounting systems.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop