Forgive me Father Browning for I have sinned....

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
John_in_Longview

Forgive me Father Browning for I have sinned....

Post by John_in_Longview »

I have wanted a carry gun that was a step up in power from my Bersa Thunder .380 for about six month, but other things had kept me from renting pistols at the local indoor range and figuring out what I was going to get next. Our church formed a security team and had a scheduled NRA Defensive Pistol course scheduled (post on that later), so I figured I better get moving. I had shot the 4.25" Kimber 1911 before and was leaning in the direction of that size 1911. However, I figured I would give the 9mm's a try, so I rented a Sig P320 Carry, Ruger LC9, a Glock 43, two others I can't remember, plus the gun I ending up purchasing ..... the Glock 19 5th gen.

I went with the 19 over the 43 mainly due to magazine capacity. The P320 Carry was nice as well, but I just shot the Glock better.

I still plan on picking up a 1911. though.
Old Grafton

Re: Forgive me Father Browning for I have sinned....

Post by Old Grafton »

Say three Jeff Cooper's; and go and sin no more.... :lol:
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Dinochrome One

Post by Dinochrome One »

Speaking of church security, the pastor of our little church carries a Glock 19 and encourages his flock to come armed. The sign on the door reads, "Firearms welcome here, keep them holstered unless needed, marksmanship is appreciated."

The security detail in the two back corners flanking the entrance carry 1911s. My own concealed-carry piece is a Polish Makarov. I considered carrying the MK1 Webley, but the gunsmoke would affect visibility.
Maxim 34: If you're only leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

John_in_Longview wrote:I have wanted a carry gun that was a step up in power from my Bersa Thunder .380 for about six month, but other things had kept me from renting pistols at the local indoor range and figuring out what I was going to get next. Our church formed a security team and had a scheduled NRA Defensive Pistol course scheduled (post on that later), so I figured I better get moving. I had shot the 4.25" Kimber 1911 before and was leaning in the direction of that size 1911. However, I figured I would give the 9mm's a try, so I rented a Sig P320 Carry, Ruger LC9, a Glock 43, two others I can't remember, plus the gun I ending up purchasing ..... the Glock 19 5th gen.

I went with the 19 over the 43 mainly due to magazine capacity. The P320 Carry was nice as well, but I just shot the Glock better.

I still plan on picking up a 1911. though.
JB also designed a bunch of 32 cal and 380 cal pistols and of course the Browning Hi-Power which arguably started the whole Wonder-9 high cap semi-auto concept in the first place.

So its all good.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

I hate Glock 19s. They feel bad in my hand and hit me in the forhead with brass.
I really wish I could like the, because they’re thenperfect size and the most optimized gun I’ve seen.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
John_in_Longview

slowpoke wrote:I hate Glock 19s. They feel bad in my hand and hit me in the forhead with brass.
I really wish I could like the, because they’re thenperfect size and the most optimized gun I’ve seen.
Did you handle the Gen 4 with the grooves or the Gen 5 that doesn't have them?
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Gen two, and three.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

My local chain of doughnut shops have "lawfully carried firearms welcome" signs on their doors as well. The only downside to them is that they aren't open past noon.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
evan price

Post by evan price »

Vonz90 wrote: JB also designed a bunch of 32 cal and 380 cal pistols and of course the Browning Hi-Power which arguably started the whole Wonder-9 high cap semi-auto concept in the first place.

So its all good.
FN 1910 and 1910/22 are a great old JMB design.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
John_in_Longview

Vonz90 wrote: JB also designed a bunch of 32 cal and 380 cal pistols and of course the Browning Hi-Power which arguably started the whole Wonder-9 high cap semi-auto concept in the first place.
So its all good.
I have a Browning Hi-Power, I just can't comfortably carry it concealed.