Are You a Gun Hoarder? :-)

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Mike OTDP

Are You a Gun Hoarder? :-)

Post by Mike OTDP »

You know you're a gun hoarder when you are seriously considering buying second copies of stuff you already have...and what you're looking at isn't something you normally shoot. It's the pack-rat in me, I guess.

As a serious competitor, you learn to have a primary gun...and a backup gun. Maybe a second backup gun, in case the first two break. For every discipline you take seriously. Then there's stuff you collect...and trade fodder.

I really need to clean out the gun vaults (yes, two of them...and I need a third).
g-man

Re: Are You a Gun Hoarder? :-)

Post by g-man »

You're using these words, but I don't have any idea what they mean...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Jered

Post by Jered »

Had a boating accident a couple of years back
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
evan price

Post by evan price »

I might have some duplicates.
I might have expanded to a second safe.
Maybe.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

I know this thread is in jest ... but seriously ...

I was there ..... then realized that much of the stuff I had I haven't shot in 5 years ..... heck .... haven't cleaned it since the last time I shot it. So, GONE. 22 revolvers, FN-49s, SVT-40s, M-39s, SKSes, Pythons, Radoms, etc. etc.

"Pick it up! Look at it! If it doesn't give you emotional joy, GONE!"

With the money (amongst other things including a nice Ford Ranger for my son, which we spent the summer working on, together) I bought a nice high-end MIG welding rig. On to more adventures.
P1261850.JPG
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

More of a gun whore, but potato-potahto. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

FelixEstrella wrote:I bought a nice high-end MIG welding rig. On to more adventures.
P1261850.JPG
Fun fact, the 211 is the largest model that will take Millers cheap spool gun. I was planning on buying one until a deal on a Miller Vintage came along..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

FelixEstrella wrote:So, GONE. 22 revolvers, FN-49s, SVT-40s, M-39s, SKSes, Pythons, Radoms, etc. etc.
You didn't call me?! Yer killin' me, Smalls! :shock:

ETA: Sometimes, when I'm feeling low, I think back to shooting your SVT-40, and I feel better. :)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Weetabix wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:So, GONE. 22 revolvers, FN-49s, SVT-40s, M-39s, SKSes, Pythons, Radoms, etc. etc.
You didn't call me?! Yer killin' me, Smalls! :shock:

ETA: Sometimes, when I'm feeling low, I think back to shooting your SVT-40, and I feel better. :)
Any time I wanted my cheek-bones beat to shit or feeling like my sinuses needed flushing ..... SVT-40 ..... Accept no substitutes.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

HTRN wrote:
FelixEstrella wrote:I bought a nice high-end MIG welding rig. On to more adventures.
P1261850.JPG
Fun fact, the 211 is the largest model that will take Millers cheap spool gun. I was planning on buying one until a deal on a Miller Vintage came along..
Yup. Got a Spoolmate 150 on order (nice long 20' cord) for outside flux MIGing.
Blogspot
picsig