Ruger Brings Back Pistol Carbine

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
scipioafricanus

Ruger Brings Back Pistol Carbine

Post by scipioafricanus »

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

And it can take Glock mags. If they make an adapter that works with S&W M&P mags, I'll get one the day I find out.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
FelixEstrella

Re: Ruger Brings Back Pistol Carbine

Post by FelixEstrella »

Huh huh "PC Carbine" ... that's funny raht der. ;-)

Had one many years ago (decent little rifle) but sold it. Now have a Marlin Camp 9. Like it much better.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Interesting, given I am stuck in the gun hellhole known as NJ for at least a few more years. Hopefully, they bring one out in .45 ACP.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Reaction to it has been funny. On another forum, folks would complain that if you gave them free suitcases of cash, that the bills were too new|old|large|small.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Probably best to wait for the post-recall version.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Precision

Post by Precision »

I have a Camp 9, an AR pistol (in 9mm) with a Tailhook Mod 2 arm brace and the lower (Upper is getting bought soon) for an AR 9mm rifle. I am probably good in that area.

It is good to see SOME in the manufacturing side are bowing to the will of the people regarding mags and not making you avoid their gun because of $60 proprietary mags.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

I think I'd like one of those with glock mags in it, 33 round ones. But I think I'd like it better in .45 acp with say a 20 round mag.

If I got the 9mm though, I think I'd want a matching pistol. But probably not willing to buy a Glock. I have an SR9 as it happens. Have to look and see if there are hi-cap mags that fit an SR9.

edit: Well how about that, there are 32 round SR9 mags from promag. Looks like this just got on my want one soon list.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I'm a big fan of pistol-caliber carbines, in fact, I have two of them. Of course, mine are lever-actions, in .357 Mag. and .45 Colt.

I guess, at some point, I'm going to have to come into the 20th century, won't I?
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
randy

Post by randy »

First Shirt wrote:I guess, at some point, I'm going to have to come into the 20th century, won't I?
Give it a hundred years or so and see how this new fangled stuff works out first. :mrgreen:

Now that I have a couple of pieces of Combat Tupperware these sound interesting, and cheaper than the the AR platform based ones using Glock mags I had been looking at.

That being said, I still have a hankering for a lever action .357 to go with my S&W Mod 19
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote: Now that I have a couple of pieces of Combat Tupperware these sound interesting, and cheaper than the the AR platform based ones using Glock mags I had been looking at.
That being said, I still have a hankering for a lever action .357 to go with my S&W Mod 19
Go for it! It's the most fun you can have and still keep your clothes on! We love ours (technically, it's The Boss's, since she has dibs on any .357 that comes into the house, but she lets me shoot it once in a great while), and they are silly accurate inside of 100 yards. The Boss has taken a couple of deer, and several hogs with hers, using GP-100 proof handloads.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom