Now this is just fun!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Weetabix

Re: Now this is just fun!

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:Whenever I open this thread, I have difficulty really focusing on the topic of .22 conversions, because I can't get past the notion of somebody still using a 1911 as a carry gun... :lol:
I'm guessing you carry something in 7.62x39? :mrgreen:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

.455 Casull? Seven something Tyrannosaurus?
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

First Shirt wrote:I'm open to better ideas, just haven't found one yet. Although, in almost 40 years of concealed carry, the only time I've ever drawn a weapon, it was a single-action Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt. Guy took one look at it, from about 50 feet away, very slowly and carefully laid down his jack handle, and stood quietly until the cops showed up. No loud noises, no blood, and no paperwork, so I'm calling it a win. :D
I couldn't blame him, staring into that ring of LARGE circular holes staring back at me and knowing it would take only one hit and I'm damaged forever or maybe even dead!! :D :D :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Loaned my full-size kit to a friend to try on his Ruger 1911, and he says it works like a charm. Now he wants to buy it.

Not happening! :lol:
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Greg

Post by Greg »

First Shirt wrote:Loaned my full-size kit to a friend to try on his Ruger 1911, and he says it works like a charm. Now he wants to buy it.

Not happening! :lol:
You guys are killing me. I have the 22lr conversion kit for my 229's, but I haven't taken one to the range in.... so long I'm not sure I remember exactly how long.

Oh, and thread drift... I may have the opportunity to let a Belgian made Browning Challenger join my little herd. Anyone have advice on maintenance? I've looked at it, and I have no idea how to even field strip it.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Rich Jordan

Post by Rich Jordan »

Old Grafton wrote:
Rich Jordan wrote:I still need to pick up a decent 1911 frame; I bought a Colt Ace (floating chamber) conversion kit from the CMP years ago. It ..... doesn't work on a Series 80....
Brownnell's sells (sold, maybe still..) a filler plate for the series 80's that eliminates the 2-pc firing pin linkage in the frame on a series 80. My 70 series Ace kit works just fine on my series 80 frame...
Yabut the series 80 frame is my Delta Elite; its the companion to the Mechtech since they're both in 10mm. I don't want to have to disassemble anything to get the frame back into the pistol. I just need to talk to my FFL to see if he's got a good source for a decent frame. I've called the stores around here, and nobody carries bare 1911 frames so likely have to order (and not another Essex).
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Check Brownell's. They used to carry Caspian 1911 frames in carbon, stainless, and either titanium or scandium (really lightweight, whatever it was).
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom