Is Jiminez any good?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rod

Re: Is Jiminez any good?

Post by Rod »

skb12172 wrote:How would one improve their designs to something functional, yet affordable?
Melt them down and start over?
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Greg

Post by Greg »

skb12172 wrote:How would one improve their designs to something functional, yet affordable?
Isn't that what HiPoint does?

These various Raven and Sons guns are pot metal blowback cheap guns that don't work.

Aren't HiPoints pot metal blowback cheap guns that actually work? (Which is why they're so clunky and bulky?)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

That's it, then. Hi point pistols stand up to use because the cheap metal is thick enough to be used.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
evan price

Post by evan price »

The major issue is that they're isn't much room to fix them. Tolerances are sloppy, machining is sloppy, fit and finish is sloppy. The designs are barely workable if100% correct. Add in the crap processes and it's junk.
I once owned a jennings j22 (actually it was my wife's) the instructions said you had to put the safety on FIRE to chamber a round. The safety in theory prevented the slide from moving if it was set to SAFE. In actual fact you could easily over ride the safety because it fit loosely in the frame. So if you cocked it while on SAFE, if you flip the safety to FIRE, it would go off. Nice.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

What about their designs with better materials and machining?
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Candyman

Post by Candyman »

I'm ashamed to admit that I have gotten pretty good at fixing these cheap POS guns . It is only because I have to test fire them for work from time to time.
The way you make them better is by buying a better gun.
Do not relish to feel what the men that used these weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Candyman wrote:I'm ashamed to admit that I have gotten pretty good at fixing these cheap POS guns . It is only because I have to test fire them for work from time to time.
The way you make them better is by buying a better gun.
I think it's a great idea for OGs and wannabe OGs to use these POS guns.......much better than them using Sigs or HKs.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

skb12172 wrote:What about their designs with better materials and machining?
You can bath a pig and put nice ornaments on it............... but it's still a pig.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."