DC CCW "good reason" non-appeal...

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Precision

DC CCW "good reason" non-appeal...

Post by Precision »

The decision of DC to not appeal has me wondering...about getting a DC permit.

I don't see in their brief regarding the rules to get one, that one must be a DC resident.
1000 feet of a dignitary being a gun free zone is a BS thing, because roving diplomat... but still.

Anyone know why I couldn't get approved?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
Frankingun

Re: DC CCW "good reason" non-appeal...

Post by Frankingun »

Dunno about a non-resident, but I do think DC didn’t appeal because daddy Bloomberg told them no too. If the Supremes took it and DC lost, may issue disappears, and God forbid that the normals don’t have to bend a knee to a big city government desk jockey.

Does this count as a :jacked:
Last edited by Frankingun on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
AndytheAxe

Post by AndytheAxe »

I really hope this helps a challenge against MD's "good cause" crap.
"Of All the gin joints in All the Towns in All the World... she walks into mine" ~ Rick (Humphrey Bogart)
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Frankingun wrote:Dunno about a non-resident, but I do think DC didn’t appeal because daddy Bloomberg told them no too. If the Supremes took it and DC lost, shall issue disappears, and God forbid that the normals don’t have to bend a knee to a big city government desk jockey.

Does this count as a :jacked:
Perhaps I'm confused by your answer, because if DC LOSES, "MAY ISSUE" would disappear and SHALL ISSUE will reign and "good cause" will be thrown out the window - which COULD lead to the overturning of NYFC's Sullivan Act. Unless by saying that SHALL ISSUE disappearing means a MANDATORY ISSUE???
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Fixed my post - thanks for the heads up.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Frankingun wrote:Fixed my post - thanks for the heads up.
No prob - and that's what I thought you meant to say - but just wanted to clarify.
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad