See-through Suppressor and High Speed Photography

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Rumpshot

See-through Suppressor and High Speed Photography

Post by Rumpshot »

NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
Mike OTDP

Re: See-through Suppressor and High Speed Photography

Post by Mike OTDP »

If I were working on a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering, I'd be tempted to take a whack at computational fluid dynamic analysis of a suppressor. Complete with experiments, of course.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

That was pretty cool stuff, thanks for posting that!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Mike OTDP wrote:If I were working on a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering, I'd be tempted to take a whack at computational fluid dynamic analysis of a suppressor. Complete with experiments, of course.
You'd basically need to get an 07/02 for that to be at all practical, given that ATF's position that an approved Form 1 is NOT a license to experiment with different baffle designs, etc. You are supposed to build it, and then not do anything to it. You are not even allowed to make replacement parts for it in the event of a baffle strike; you have to send the can that YOU built to an 07/02 for repair.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

VERY COOL!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Post by Combat Controller »

I have some ideas that either I will explore if the new suppressor bill gets passed or once I get a SOT in the next year.
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Mike OTDP wrote:If I were working on a doctorate in Aerospace Engineering, I'd be tempted to take a whack at computational fluid dynamic analysis of a suppressor. Complete with experiments, of course.
Its been tried, it just doesnt model well, because of extremely high pressure and extremely short duration.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt