Dammit!

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Jered

Dammit!

Post by Jered »

I bought an HundK claw mount for my PTR-91 because memes.

I put it on the receiver and the crosshairs look slightly canted. My levels from my scope install kit show the same thing.

Any ideas?
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Gunnuts

Re: Dammit!

Post by Gunnuts »

Jered

Post by Jered »

Thanks.

I saw that, I was wondering if anyone had any insights.

I don't think a degree or two of cant is really a big deal, though.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I stopped using my clamp on scope mount on my G3 (it is not a PTR, it was made by Ohio Rapid Fire - they made very quality guns but closed down after the owner passed away). I do not remember a problem with the scope being canted, and it shot consistently, but it was heavy and I found that if hit it hard enough I could get it to disconnect. I suspect that the clamp points are not proud enough, but I never investigated all that much. Sold the scope, still have the mount somewhere.

I bought one of these last year. I have not welded it on yet though (I have not welded in years, so I need to also buy a welder and practice quite a bit before I try it). On the whole, I think this is a cleaner solution. PTR makes rifles with rails new, I might get one of them one day too.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/DTAC-Pic ... p17818.htm