Newest Minion and Handguns

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
Combat Controller
Site Admin

Re: Newest Minion and Handguns

Post by Combat Controller »

Woo!
Winner of the prestigious Автомат Калашникова образца 1947 года award for excellence in rural travel.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

OH, CRAP!!!!!

G-d help me, I've created a monster!!!!!

Got a call from the Youngest Minion's mom today. Seems that last night there was some sort of ruckus behind the house, and since Dad was out of town on business, and Elder Minion was working, that left Mom and Youngest Minion to sort it out. Mom grabbed the Mossberg, and headed toward the back door (they live on 10 acres of east-central Tennessee rural land), where she encountered Youngest Minion stuffing rounds into her new Ruger.

Mom says "What are you doing?" Minion replies "Going out to see what's going on!" Mom says "You can't go out there by yourself!" Minion replies "I'm not, Mom, I've got The Equalizer!" And away she went!

Turned out to be a (former) coyote after the barn cats. Mom says "I saw the flashlight beam, and the muzzle flash, and then her dragging the coyote back to the house! What am I going to do with her?"

I swear, I'm gonna wrap that little twerp in duct tape, and shoot Valium at her with a slingshot!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
randy

Post by randy »

:lol: Not the worst problem to have.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Rumpshot

Post by Rumpshot »

Glad it turned out well. I laughed out loud.

Now to sit down and discuss the situation and how it could have turned out otherwise.

Let her know we all appreciate good shooting.
NRA Life Member
VFW Life Member
NMLRA Field Rep
North Central Arizona
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Yeah, I'm going up there Saturday, and we'll do an after-action critique, especially looking at what could have gone wrong, and how to deal with it.

With Minions, it's always something!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Real life examples to discuss that don't involve blood or new holes in the bio-containment envelope are excellent.

My daughter posed a hypothetical to me last night - "If I hit a deer, and I could safely get it into the car and sneak it into the garage... would you be mad at me?" :D

She drives to a monthly, rural gig and nearly hits deer with alarming frequency, I find.

I told her, "Get it back quick so we can field dress it, keep your mouth shut, and everything will be fine."
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Weet, sounds like she needs a pickup and a bed crane. :lol:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt