Wife gun suggestions?

The place for general discussion about guns, gun (and gun parts) technology discussion, gun reviews, and gun specific range reports; and shooting, training, techniques, reviews and reports.
slowpoke

Re: Wife gun suggestions?

Post by slowpoke »

BDK wrote:If it's in budget, a FN 57 is very low recoil, and easy to rack. A PMR 30 might also be an OK choice.

I've had several women want to load pistols backwards - admittedly I think they were more creative types. Revolvers made more sense to them.

An SP101 in 327 is a great choice. If you find one and don't want it, tell me and I'll buy it. (I really like the cartridge)

If there was a center fire twin to a 22 mag, loaded with powder for pistols, I think it would make a great elderly/petite lady caliber.
Isnt that 22tcm?
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Gunnuts wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:Start her with a Desert Eagle in 50AE, then when she switches to anything else it will seem light and easy.
And that's the truth. :P LOL
329 night guard. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

have her try a Walther CCP they have a recoil reducing gas system and a fairly easy slide.

You are having her do the punch / push method in front of her chest, not the slingshot method most guys use, right?
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Precision wrote:have her try a Walther CCP they have a recoil reducing gas system and a fairly easy slide.

You are having her do the punch / push method in front of her chest, not the slingshot method most guys use, right?
I havent seen any new ones since the recall.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Termite

Post by Termite »

Weetabix wrote:My wife is little and doesn't have strong hands. And, she's not much interested in shooting. But I'd like her to have a gun.

Right now, I have one gun she can rack the slide on: Remington RM380.
You have perfectly described why many women do poorly with semi-autos. I have long recommended a medium or small frame .38 revolver for the majority of women, but that isn't always the best choice.

Unlike us guys, a woman's handgun is a very personal thing....... much like a bra or purse. Most women are going to have to handle a multitude of handguns before they find one that they are really comfortable with. If it's going to ride in her purse, then weight is a HUGE factor. If a house gun, not so much.

So my point is this: Stop trying to buy her what YOU think she should have, and let her handle a multitude of handguns and decide what she likes. That might wind up being a .40 cal. Glock, or a .22LR revolver.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."